New Zealand Open 2006: Gulf Harbour


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Whangaparaoa
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just a warning....if you're not interested in golf, you will probably find this entry VERY boring...if not read on...😊

The New Zealand Blue Chip Golf Open was in Auckland from Dec. 1 - Dec. 3. It was at Gulf Harbour which is a VERY nice course over on the north shore...which is quite a drive for us, but worth it. On Friday the 1st Dennis started his first official day of work, but Melissa was still in holiday mode...and Paul happened to have 2 Executive tickets for the ING tent. It was a great day, all meals and drinks included and served in the tent....which was on the 18th hole. Great place to sit and enjoy the sun and a few drinks and watch the players finish up. Paul now refers to Melissa as his "Little Golf Buddy". Dennis missed out by being at work, so we went again on the 3rd...also the final day. The sun was shining, and while we had no corporate tent access, we had a great time anyways! They serve food and drinks all around the course and we followed groups of golfers around the course as they played. Melissa has never had a huge interest in golf, but it's a lot more fun and exciting when you are actually there!😊 Highlight of the day was watching the Kiwi-hero Mike Campbell (won the US Open) finish up. Right after he finished the 18th hole, he was near the players tent signing autographs, Dennis went and got one of our NZ Open hats signed. Very exciting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Mike Campbell - PuttMike Campbell - Putt
Mike Campbell - Putt

You can hardly see it in the photo, but behind him, there were so many kite-surfers in the water, and sheep all over the hills to the lef. It was a perfect "Kiwi" Day.


1st January 2007

Congratulations
Congratulations on your new job Dennis, I am very proud of you. Melissa... way to go girl. I like how you spend your leisure time, a day out golfing, a girl after my own heart. Keep those pictures coming.

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb