Working so hard, moving so hard


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Parnell
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Muscle painMuscle painMuscle pain

Claire applying counter pain after first day of work. How we wish the thighs and arms not belonged to us anymore so we don't have to feel the pain
Here we start working. Housekeeping. It’s a simple job but it’s not easy.
First-comer has to pair up with senior housekeeper. We learned how to wash the bathroom on the first 2 days. Yucky…

Then how to make up the bed, clean the kitchen…the hardest part is we have to complete everything in a room in half an hour on your own after one week.

I thought accommodation and meal would be provided, we were so wrong, it’s all on our own. My God…

Staying YHA for the long-term was burning a hole in our pocket. We moved to a cheaper place which is located in Anzac Avenue. So-called “student hostel”, but didn’t see student much, most were travelers. It’s cheap, $80 per person per week. But the conditions were so so bad. A room without window like a prison (it’s the cheaper). The bathroom was smelly, the kitchen is damn dirty.

Frankly, we hate the kitchen. The so-called food storage space is made from wood, and mostly rotten, smelly and we could see some of it with worms…yes WORMS. Oh my god…And our food got stolen in the public fridge.

We couldn’t stand it for
Moving outMoving outMoving out

Goodbye to YHA, it's a luxurious stay for backpacker, which we can't afford for long-term.
more than 1 week, we moved again. To a “pent-house” of a hotel, they modified it to several rooms. It’s dirty and smelly too. But it’s “slightly” better. It’s very near to an Asian market and Countdown Supermarket, so in a way it’s more convenience. We swear we didn’t want to move again. So we stay there for the rest of time in Auckland.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Goodbye to luxurious mealGoodbye to luxurious meal
Goodbye to luxurious meal

After we moved, we found the meals in YHA were luxurious, which we can cook properly. After that it was hard even to cook instant noodles =.....(
Prison (2)Prison (2)
Prison (2)

See, that's the only air-suppy we had.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb