Goodbye New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Epsom
February 28th 2010
Published: March 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Back to Auckland, where our journey began one year ago. We had just 5 days to sell our car and camping gear before leaving the country, quite a scary prospect. We put posters up in all the hostels, then spent 2 days waiting nervously for the phone to ring...after no success we put an ad up on TradeMe (NZ's version of Ebay) and sold it that day! We've also sold all our camping gear and made a small profit! Who said travelling left you broke?!

Anyway, we're back in the same hostel we stayed in a year ago, and have been able to enjoy our last few days in the country now that the car is sold. We went to MOTAT (the museum of transport and technology), it was pretty good...there were loads of old cars, fire engines and trams, and a cool interactive sports area.

Next day we went to Auckland Zoo, and in the evening watched Midnight Youth play a gig there to raise money for conservation projects. It was an awesome zoo, with loads of cool animals such as hippos, rhinos and zebras. The gig in the evening had a really good atmosphere and we were very impressed with the support act, Lydia Cole, as well as Midnight Youth.

Finally our year in New Zealand has come to an end. Its been an amazing year for both of us, and we've met some fantastic people who we will remember forever. We will always consider New Zealand as our home-from-home and will cherish the memories that have been made here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb