Missing Auckland info


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
November 6th 2011
Published: November 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Waipangu fallsWaipangu fallsWaipangu falls

Resting between Taupo and Napier
The second day in Auckland we decided to see as much as we could – so we booked the bus tour where you went around all the sites and could get on and off as many times as you want.
First stop Kelly Tarltons arctic adventure – a combined Aquarium plus a cold area for penguins. You go on a snow cat tour to see the penguins – Ruth would have loved this – three different kind of penguins with snow and viewing platforms to see them swimming.
In the Aquarium they had sharks and Sting Rays plus a number of other fish including Sea Horses – it was very enjoyable and we spent about two and half hours there. Then onto the Auckland Museum – again a very interesting place with a lot of background about the Maori traditions and the immigration and settlement of New Zealand. It is a big complex and we were there for about four hours. So much for seeing Auckland – we only managed two sites out of 14!
If you fancy the same journey please be aware – the tour bus does not start until 9:00 am and finishes at 5:00 pm – it cost $40 NZ each – it would have been cheaper and quicker to use the normal bus service to Kelly Tarltons, a taxi to the Museum and catch the tour bus back to the City centre ($5 NZ) – you live and learn.
Auckland is a wonderful city with lots to do – it really needs more than 2 days (especially when suffering with Jet Lag) to appreciate the sites it offers.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb