Canada versus New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
October 2nd 2011
Published: October 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is the big game!!! Canada versus New Zealand in the Rugby world cup!!! I met a guy in my room who was also from Canada and Pete invited him to come down to the fanzone on the waterfront with us to watch the game.

I bought a Canada hockey jersey in Australia at the Queen Vic Market for Pete’s birthday but just had to wear it on this occasion first! There were heaps of Canadians around which was awesome. The fanzone they have set up is huge and has heaps of big screen tvs to watch the games. The weather didn’t cooperate and was raining of course. So everyone crammed into the two buildings they have set up. It’s a cool set up. Had a couple of beers and got into watching the game with everyone. At one point Canada was winning!! 3-0 I was so proud!

We may have been highly outmatched but we never gave up and we played hard. The worst thing is that the all blacks didn’t even play their best players for the game. Yikes! But I heard that the salary of 1 all blacks player is how much our entire team gets! I think we know the tables would be turned if it was ice hockey we were playing!

It was heaps of fun to watch the game with the big crowd and to see so many Canadian fans. We dropped Dennis (the other Canadian) back at the hostel and went out for dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st October 2011

Hey Its very nice to watch rugby matches. Its has lots of entertainment and lots of fun. To enjoy the match with many people is extremely very nice. This is very nice Blog and these Pics are also very nice. www.daytonabeachquartershotel.com

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb