NZ Week One...I'm still alive!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
October 10th 2011
Published: October 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=tKZg_4y1DLU]Woohoo I survived my first week!

Ok so it's been a bit of crazy week as we have spend most of our time (me, Claire, Emily and Helen) looking for jobs and a houseshare however due to the Rugby everywhere is either too expensive or full so we decided on Friday that we are going to do the Kiwi experience bus tour and we've picked the Funky Chicken package which does both Islands and it's half price this week!! We're catching the bus on Wednesday, it's a minuim of 3 weeks but we said that we might stay longer in some of the bigger towns, like Queenstown, as there's so much to see there! It's a 12 month hop-on hop-off pass so we're in no rush until our money runs low haha!

Ok so Auckland, the city of sails! It's actually been lovely here this week, about 20-24c everyday with clear skies :oD We've been up the Sky Tower which gives the most amazing views of Auckland! Claire did the sky jump, we watched and clapped lol! We also went on the Big Night Out pub crawl...it's fair to say that it was a very messy night but we all had a great laugh and it was cheap drinks! And they do the same event in Queenstown so we And then last night we went to the Rugby World Cup quarter final game, NZ All Blacks vs Argentina!! We had really good seats and I even managed to record the famous Haka! Of course the All Blacks killed it (even though they only got one try!) so last night was a great night to be here, everyone was partying on the way home, they love the game here and it's so great to be part of the atmosphere!

We're staying in a 6 doom room so we started off the week sharing with Huw, he's from Wales (Cardiff) and he's a good laugh even if he is a bit posh lol! Then Jan joined us mid week, he's from Denmark, so we've been having a laugh together and all went out on Wednesday! The boys left on Friday and now we're joined by Tilman and Nikolas who are from Germany! They're still a bit jet lagged but have promised to come out with us tomorrow night as it's our last night in Auckland (for now)

The food is quite expensive here compared to the UK but the sushi here is pretty much on every street and it's a lot cheaper then the UK so guess what I've been living off! It's quite fun going to McDonalds or Burger King as all the burgers here tend to come with a fried egg or pineapple on it! I have taken a liking to the Hawiian Chicken burger lol!

So Wednesday we leave for the Coromandel Peninsula (Cathedral Cove) where we've been told we might be able to do some Dolphin spotting! Then it's onto Hot Water Beach, which we're hoping keeps to it's name! It has hot springs for us to relax in and I'm hoping I'll be able to get my first surfing lesson :oD

That's all for now folks!
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.099s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb