Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhh


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Sky Swing 177 secs
One way to spend New Years Day is to reach 150kph in 2 seconds - hope you can view the video.

Song of the Day (Kathryn's request) - Strawberry Fields by the Beatles (nice fresh strawbs on the way to Auckland).

Anyway, we finished New Year's Eve watching back-to-back episodes of 'Pulp Sport'. Kind of a NZ version of Trigger Happy TV with some tenuous sports links and NZ celebs who we wouldn't know.

Then the following day we drove to Rotorua. The obvious first thing to do was to find the gondola/luge. Due to it's long descent it has now taken first place (Queenstown second, Sentoza third). The boys and I then went on the sky swing which was TERRIFYING.

After a smelly and slightly sleepless night (Rotorua's thermals smell worse than Bridgwater), we've driven up to Auckland and gone up the Sky Tower - bit of a height theme to this holiday!

Laters
Ian



Advertisement



10th January 2009

OMG
Not Kathryn's kind of ride at all!! No wonder she stayed down to earth and shot the video. Must admit must have been scary seeing the boys go up there though!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb