About Simon


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Albany
May 3rd 2008
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Simon at the Three KingsSimon at the Three KingsSimon at the Three Kings

Simon where he wants to be. The sun, the sea, deep diving at some remote islands at the edge of the continental shelf. And not seasick.
Simon's a diver and general ocean lover who pretends to work as a product development engineer for the medical device manufacturer Fisher & Paykel Healthcare during the week (not for long!!). He currently lives in New Zealand where there are more than 50 sheep for every person and words like capsicum, togs and jandals are used frequently. Simon intends to travel to the big 'ol USA where he wants to do a PhD in Marine Science as he'd like to do something challenging, passionate and fulfilling with his life that involves the sea, whilst diving on the weekends.

Simon's a part of the Auckland University Underwater Club and has been so for the last 5 years. It was on club trips with this gang where he met a very interesting girl named Lauren Franck while she was on study abroad...

Lauren Franck- a fish in disguise! She hopes to be a scuba diving surfing pirate who will live on her own tall ship in the future, but right now she's graduating from the University of Miami with a BS Honours in marine science & geology and is travelling around the world with Simon!! Lauren loves the sea more than anything, having grown up in Williamsburg,
Lauren with friend!Lauren with friend!Lauren with friend!

Lauren with a Sea lion in her element. Sun, sand, sea...hang on a sec...
Virginia, right next to the coast. Being free under the ocean and observing the beauty and complexity beneath the waves is what makes her the happiest. She also likes writing and photography, to share her experiences and love for the ocean with others. Lauren is committed to the Ocean; she's been accepted to Scripps Institute of Oceanography in La Jolla, San Diego, where she begins her PhD studies in September.

Advertisement



15th May 2008

Sea Lion & Lauren
Probably the best photo I ever have, or possibly, ever will, take. Rock around the world, guys; I want to hear all about it.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb