Halloween 2010 on Guam


Advertisement
Guam's flag
Oceania » Guam
November 6th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Halloween and Move

A little late on the Halloween posting, but things have been busy. We found a condo to rent and had to make the rounds of getting power, water, cable, etc. hooked up. It took a few days to get the phone working. Had to shop for staples and a few other things. It is amazing all the little things you need. We have borrowed a lot too. In the interest of keeping things simple, we are essentially “condo-camping”.

Halloween was fun. Chris and Stacey’s church does what they call “Trunk and Treat”. The adults park their cars/trucks/vans in the parking lot, decorate them with different themes, dress up themselves and then the kids can “Trick (Trunk) or Treat” through the lot. A dinner is provided for all those doing the “trunking” afterwards. It is quite a sight. They go all out decorating their vehicles. From Haunted trucks and vans, spooked out nursery rhymes, beautifully carved pumpkin display, you get the idea. There are prizes for the funniest, most creative, spookiest, etc. Sorry, no pictures. Forgot my camera. If I can get some from someone later I’ll post them. That’s all for now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th November 2010

How fun to stay for an extended visit; you'll really soak up the culture. The girls look like their Dad & are going to be lovely like their mom. l'il Angelo is cute as a button.
6th November 2010

Halloween
Really enjoyed the pictures. Good looking kids!
8th November 2010

Pictures
Hi Andrea, Really enjoyed the pictures---can't wait for the Trick or Trunk ones. What a clever and safe way to spend Halloween. Sounds as tho you two are happy and busy. Keep on having fun and posting. Jerri

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb