Overwater paradise


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
May 28th 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The last days on our last island we spoiled ourselves with a stay at one of the famous overwater bungalows. We had seen them on all the islands: built directly into the water on stilts, these bungalows promise the ultimate paradises experience. From the spacious room (or rooms, depending on the budget) you see the ocean and nothing but the ocean. Same from your sofa. And from the bed. And the bathroom. And from, well, you get the concept.

In front of the bungalow you have your private sun deck and your own little pier to jump into the water whenever you like. If you're lucky you even have your own little part of the reef.

On Bora Bora there were so many overwater bungalows that there was nothing romantic or special over it any more ("Which one was ours again honey, 2564?"). There were even asphalted roads over water. We were quite pleased with our own choice of a different style then.

On Moorea it was our turn and we were more than curious what there really is to it. Honestly we have to admit that it was one of the best places we stayed on. This really is paradise! Enjoying a PiƱa Colada watching the sunset on your own private terrace? Not bad. Not bad at all.

We also loved the peace and quiet just listening to the sound of the small waves and seeing nothing but the fantastic blue waters. These were great moments to sum up our trip. Five weeks felt like a long time when we started but of course they flew by in a blink of an eye.

We discovered a whole new part of the world and got to know the Polynesian culture in three slightly different versions. We listened to their music, saw their fascinating costumes and dance moves. We loved the tropical fruits, the coconuts and the fish dishes. We enjoyed the amazing geography with its fantastic beaches, the lagoons and the green mountains. We went under water and saw the sharks, the rays, the turtles, the moray eels and all the colourful coral fishes. All together we really feel thankful for the fantastic time we had. Can't we just stay one more day??


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb