French Polynesian Paradise


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
August 8th 2009
Published: August 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour to all...

So, life here in the islands of French Polynesia isn't too bad! It's 7 pm Friday evening, and Candice and I are hanging at the bar, reading/internet at our resort here in Moorea. We had an absolutely gorgeous day...we had a boat take us to a small motu (island) and drop us off for a few hours of the best snorkeling I've ever been a part of. Absolutely no one else was around. We could stand or just float in the water, and we observed thousands of the most beautifully striped/colored fish!

Overall, our experience here over the last three days has been great! We rented a tiny subcompact car, and have found that you can zoom around the one road encircling the island in all of two hours, and that's going slowly. We did a terrific dolphin watching tour yesterday, seeing schools of spinner dolphings...the smallest, but most acrobatic dolphins in the world!

Tomorrow, we are going up into the rugged interior of Moorea, to do a five hour ATV ride through mountains, and pineapple groves! (the best pineapple I've ever eaten--here)

On to a traditional tiki fire show and polynesian bbq tomorrow evening, before relaxing at the resort here on Sunday. Everyone on the island is extremely friendly and accomodating!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



9th August 2009

vicarious
It appears that my trip to the Polynesians will be strictly vicarious. I'm not at all certain I'd like to fall off my porch into the Pacific. Yeah, pineapple right off the stalk is the best. I have experienced that, on Okinawa.
11th August 2009

Very Nice!
Glad to see you are having a great time. Very nice pics. Look forward to hearing more about your trip and experience in NZ. Best Regards!
9th September 2009

Awesome!
Is this y'all's second honeymoon? I'm catching up. And belated Happy Anniversary (eight days later)! Enjoy and congratulations! Peace, love, respect and revolution.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb