goodbye matamonao


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
March 24th 2014
Published: March 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We started the day with our usual ritual of morning coffee outside, looking out onto the beach which looks more beautiful everyday. We then went for breakfast which consisted mainly of pastries which is never good for Darren.

We decided to go for a walk up the mountain. It was only half nine and the sun was so warm. Walking up we saw the island that castaway was filmed, which isnt actually a secluded island. They are building some new villas upthe top which look beautiful the staff let us look into one which was completed it was amazing had its own pool and a very private part of the beach. We were cheeky and went in through the garden to the beach. Luckily it was low tide so we managed to walk all the way around the island which actually isnt that far. The sea is just beautiful so warm like a bath. Darren did some more snorkelling in an area that was recommended by a couple as it goes really deep. I didnt go as i feel as a girl who cant swim, doesn't like deep water i have done alot of snorkelling in the past eight weeks.

We then went around the pool which has an infinity pool its only small but because the beach is one second away the pool looks bigger. We both joined in the game of boules and lost :-( team Fiji won. We chilled by the pool then had to go and checkout at two and wait for the boat which was expected at half four. We sat in the shade reading our books then Darren had his last fijan beer and I had a mocktail. Unfortunately the boat arrived and we had to get on it. We cruised back to Port Denerau where a free shuttle took us to our hotel in Nadi. It was half six so the streets are pitch black. We were starving so.the hotel booked us a taxi to take us to a curry house called sitar that they recommended. The receptionist said its not really safe to walk. We had a set menu was really tasty, the service was really good and it was reasonably priced, infact cheap after being on the island. The restaurant ordered us a taxi back and we went to the room and watched liar liar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb