Fiji #2


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
August 8th 2011
Published: August 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick update on the rest of our time in Fiji really. Even though we’ve spent another 3 days here since the last blog there’s not overly much we have to add! Apart from relaxing, chilling and unwinding, we’ve had a pretty uneventful week, which to be fair was very much needed. During our time here we’ve met lots of lovely people, who we have given rather well thought out names. These include Mr and Mrs Liverpool, Mr and Mrs Adelaide (who have invited us to stay at their house next Christmas...), Mr and Mrs Sydney, Mr and Mrs New Zealand and finally, Mrs Yoga. They we’re all amazing people, apart from Mrs Yoga who just appeared to want our room when we left and did yoga in the road every morning...

After just 1 day of our time in Fiji we had already figured out to plan our days around Happy Hour, which consisted of half price cocktails between 5 and 6pm every day. We made sure we were never away from the hotel between these times! The meals were incredible as well, especially the lobster that me and mum had one night! It wasn’t too expensive so we thought why not, and treated ourselves to one of the most amazing tasting seafood’s we had ever had! On our last day, we walked out 400m in low tide to the reef. The sea is only about 10-80cm(ish) all the way out to the reef at low tide, so we all went to check it out. Unfortunately, Mum, Dad and Sophie turned back at around the 300m mark after not wanting to go any further. Me and George however had got this far and were not going to turn back until we had reached the reef! We finally reached the 400m point where the sea level drops 20m instantly. The waves were so powerful and breaking right in front of us, so obviously we wanted to stand in it. This was a fantastic idea, until George lost his flip flop to the waves. After 5 minutes of frantically trying to get it back, the waves finally brought it back to us... however when George went to grab his shoe, his other one came off and went out to sea! We waited another 10 minutes and luckily his flip flop came back in the current! I was laughing at him, although I soon stopped as both my flip flops broke in the coral and I had to make the entire walk back bare foot... It was agony, made worse by the piece of coral that jammed into my foot and still remains lodged under my skin as I am writing this..

Just before we left we made sure we got some pictures with the waiters, and added Jonathan, our favourite waiter, on facebook, and then made our way to the airport for our flight to LA. Fiji was a much needed break from the hectic yet amazing schedule we’ve had during the holiday, but we were about ready for more action, and the city of Los Angeles was certainly going to be a huge shock to our system!

I shall be updating with pictures very soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb