FIJI


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
May 12th 2007
Published: May 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

where do i start with Fiji! we had such a good time there!!
we flew into Nadi and met 2 lads at the airport (little did we know we would end up travelling with them around fiji for the whole 2 weeks!). we stayed 2 nights in Nadi which is more than enough as there isnt much 2 do there and the weather was really bad!! however, we made our own fun and played beach cricket, volleyball and rounders!! that day was quite knackering actually! we also socialised with some fijians on our 1st night who have a weird way of drinking - they just open 1 bottle of beer and poor a bit into a glass and one person drinks it then does the same for the next person and so on and so on around the table!! share and share alike i suppose!

our next stop after Nadi was a couple of hours along the coral coast of the mainland to Beach House Resort where celebrity love island was filmed! i didnt really watch the program so it didnt mean that much to me but i recognised some parts of it! this place was really good! we stayed for 4 nights in total. Fiji is so relaxed and chilled! they say to check out at 10am 'Fiji time' which means you can stroll up to reception at 11.30 and it will be fine!! i liked that part of fiji a lot! theres not much 2 do in fiji so The Beach house puts on activities for you. Whilst we were there we made a bracelt out of coconut shell which took pretty much all afternoon! im proud of mine tho! its a keeper! we also did coconut weaving which involves making objects with the big coconut leaves! i made a sturdy hat but left it behind by mistake! we also went horse riding along the beach which was good fun! the weather still wasnt that good at this point as it rained most of the time! but we still had fun! we played poker pretty much every night coz there's nothing else to do! not for real money tho obviously - us travellers cant afford that!

after beach house, it was time for the islands - the main thing i was looking forward to! theres not much to say about here because we didnt do much on the islands apart from sunbathe in paradise, play catch in the water, intense volley ball everyday, poker.....again, bonfire on beach, made more jewellery, snorkelled and limbo!! we also did 2 scuba dives as we are now qualified to!! they were so cheap as well, we couldnt resist! the 1st one we did lasted a whole hour under water and i got bad blisters from the flippers coz we were swimming for sooooooo long!! beautiful place to dive tho - really clear visibility! we also had to go backwards off the boat like they do in films for the 1st time which was fun!
the next dive was on a ship wreck which is what ive always wanted 2 do!!! loads of fish collect around the wreck and they were big fish as well! the coral was really interesting on that dive too!

when we went to visit a traditional fijian village, we had to ask permission off the chief of the village if we could look around it!! nice tradition i thought! we got taken to the school where all the kids acted out little red riding hood and sang a lot of songs for us!! they were mad and absolutely hilarious!

every island greeted you with a sing song on the beach which was a really nice touch! and they sang farewell songs too! the fijians are all really happy, friendly people with loads of enthusiasm!! on some islands, they sang to you whilst you ate your dinner!

i definately would go back 2 fiji any day!! id go straight 2 the islands to get gorgeous weather and stunning views!

Advertisement



13th May 2007

Thinking of you
Seems a shame nobody has left a comment, so I thought I would just let you know that we are all reading your blogs. Very interesting and I wish I were there with you - I think all the Ap-Thomas family has got the travelling gene! I will let taid have a copy of your Fiji blog - he is coming down to stay with us on Friday (18 May) for a month, so keep up the blogs.
16th May 2007

Hi There!
Hello may !-crazy little sister - told you the Islands were amazing. Did you try any of the local drink, "Cava"? Halucinagen me thinks! Glad to her you're all enjoying yourselves - I dont think I will be playing poker against you for money when you get back, you'll prob be amazing! - I'm writing this from work - how depressing!!!! Might set up a Plastering School or Law Firm on Beachcoomber Island - what do u think?Take care of each other. Love u loads Dewi

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb