Mary Neill and Lyndsey's Long Lost Two Days


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
August 21st 2005
Published: August 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

While Caroline was stuck in L.A., Lyndsey and I made the most of our two days in Fiji. We both took sleeping pills on the flight and slept a good 9 hours without waking up once. So we were ready to go at 5:30 a.m. when we landed in Nadi. However, we were in for quite a treat when we arrived at the Nadi Bay Resort Hotel. First of all, I'm not sure if Fiji has ever heard of false advertising, but this was the first of many encounters we had with this phenomenon. The Nadi Bay Resort Hotel is nothing more than a hostel. Lyndsey and I were escorted to our 8 bed dorm room where we shared the one bathroom with the 6 other people sleeping with us. If I had been willing, I'm pretty sure Lyndsey would have been on the phone in 5 sec. flat, reserving a room at the Sheraton Resort twenty minutes down the road. Looking back on it now, it's pretty funny to think about our first reactions to the "backpacker" lifestyle. This ended up being my favorite hostel we stayed in the whole time in Fiji and was like a five star hotel compared to some of the rest.

Anyways, Lyndsey and I took a boat cruise out to the South Sea Island where we hung out on the beach all day, ate really good food, and drank as much as we wanted for free. That night when we got back to the hostel, we barely made it through our dinner without passing out because we were so jetlagged. The next day we went on a bike ride tour of the area we were staying in. We were really excited because we ended up riding down to the beach where the Sheraton was. It had a beautiful golf course, grass tennis courts, an a pool. We had a one hour break from biking and walked up to the Sheraton's pool like we were guests there and laid out. It was a fun day and we had an exciting night back at the hostel as well. We met about five people studying medicine in London who were on vacation. They were pretty entertaining and kept us up late...so we were exhausted the next morning when Caroline arrived. But, we got over it quickly because we were so happy she was finally there and we could start our traveling!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb