Bula Blowfish, No Vinaka on the Kava


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Taveuni
December 1st 2007
Published: December 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

One last night in Fiji and then we're off to New Zealand. Had lots of great diving in the Somosomo straight just off from Taveuni. Amazing all the soft coral there, although of coarse it does meaning to learn to adjust to current diving. That being said, the diving was quite superb. Things of curious note in Fiji.

When you get fired/leave work they post your picture in the news paper! Just imagine, you get sacked from yer job and then get the extra bonus of knowing that the whole country gets to see your picture in the news paper announcing your gonna be broke.

Bula. Cool way to say howdy in Fiji. Working on way to combine it with eh and huhhh.

Kava. Nasty drink that tastes like dirty bark juice. If you drink enough you begin to feel like your tongue is fuzzy from drinking so much bark juice. After many drinks you really wonder who came up with this tradition since you have become a feedy frenzy for the local mesquito population. After many many drinks you get tired of clapping, drinking nasty bark juice, and scratching mesquito bites to realize, your still sober...

Scuba Diving. Hell Yeah,,,, Very good...

Chocolate. Very spendy, hard to get at times.

Blowfish, cool looking fish that if it gets scared takes things wayy out of porportion by blowing it's self up with spikey needles.

Vinaka. Cool way to say thanks.

We'll that's it for now folks. More to follow later 😊 CHeers


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



2nd December 2007

bastards!
You guys are bastards!!! Wish I was there and I hope you guys are having the fun I know you are having!!!
2nd December 2007

Bark Juice
Why on earth did you think drinking bark juice would be a good idea? You seriously didn't feel typsy at all? What a waste of time and resources...... Had the Pason Xmas party last night. first work function without you guys. Have to say it wasn't the same. I am a little HUNG but I think Nes is gonna be in serious trouble when she wakes up... I think Corina's is in order..... Have a good time in NZ.
2nd December 2007

Oh really
Do you really think photoshopping your pasty white butt into pictures from places like Fiji are gonna make us believe you are traveling the world? Give up the ruse and admit your somewhere in LA. How do I know? Your pasty white body isn't burned up from all the sunshine. :-) Be careful out there and don't eat any bark that isn't juiced. Jim, your Palestine Partner
2nd December 2007

Nice
Fiji looks perfect!!!
2nd December 2007

SunBlock 2000 to the rescue.
Nothing works wonders like the new Sun Block 2000... Helps us pasty white folk survive down under. Although clover forgot to put it on her butt and had several painful days of sitting.
2nd December 2007

Good point.
Hey, if there's a grub out there that will induce some strange intoxicating feelin, you know we are bound to try it:) Wow, X-mas party time. Hard to think it's xmas time when it's hot and tropical, just don't seem right. Albeit New Zealand is a little colder. Tell Ness to have a Red Beer for us, works wonders on the hang overs.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb