Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Suva
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello

Well this is a slightly odd update, as having returned to England for a couple of months, I am now in Fiji!!!!

I'm doing a GirlGuiding project and working really hard. We flew last weekend as a group of four from Heathrow. It took 11 hours to get to LA Airport and and we went striaght onto our next flight which took 10 1/2 hours to get tO Nadi, Fiji. We are a really good team and am getting on really well. We went to a fundraising event for the Fijian GirlGuides at the British High commissioner's house which was good fun and we got to meet all the many people involved in the Guiding association and we helped out and gave an presentation on our project. Last weekend was our fist Guide Camp. When planning our camp we had been told that we should expect 150 girls which was very scary between the four of us but we had lots of activities planned. We were then told a few days before hand that 300 girls had put their names down!!!! After some frantic planning we headed to the host school on Friday and watched the girls flood in. I think we handled it really well and although during activities we were each in charge of around 60-80 girls each we had a good time. We had to get up at 4:30am for a 5:00am start as there is always a religious ceremony before the day starts and the Fijians do like to get started early!!! It was very hard work and we were very tired but the we got great feedback. We have another camp next weekend and we are hopeing for slightly less numbers!. We fly to a smaller island on Thursday which should be exciting and this week and next week are taken up by school visits with up to 3 schools a day.

Any how, we are having a great time, i'm afraid this was a very rushed blog entry as time is really short at the mo.

Love Kezia

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb