Bula from Fiji!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
May 24th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bula vinaka! Fiji is so incredibly beautiful, I really like it here. I did a tour of the main island which introduced us to 'the real Fiji'. We visited a few villages and were made to feel so welcome. Everywhere you go, they make you a part of their family, and you take part in a kava ceremony, which is a traditional Fijian drink. And it's horrible! It's made from some kind of root and tastes like muddy water, which makes your tongue go a bit numb! But it's rude to say no so you have to keep drinking it every time it's offered! Went to a church service and had lunch with a family in the village, apart from the 10+ cups of kava it was really nice!

We also did bilibili rafting (sitting on a bamboo raft in the pouring rain!), a 3 hour trek through the rainforest down to waterfalls, visit to a school and to mudpools and hot springs. The weather's not been great - it's actually chucked it down for about 3 days. But I'm hoping it's going to improve this week because I've rejoined the proper tourist area and am off to some islands for sunbathing and swimming with mantarays!

In Fiji they never say goodbye, they say see you again, so I'll finish with that... Sota Tale!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb