Day 64 - Mana Island, Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands » Mana Island
February 6th 2006
Published: March 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Woke up about 8am and packed for trip to Mana Island. We waited for the bus to take us to the boat and it promptly arrived at 9:00am and promptly dropped us off at 9:05am about 100 metres down the road at Nadi Bay Beach where we stay for the next 2 hours!! After contemplating the extra 2 hours we could have stayed in bed, we finally board the little speedboat to Mana Island which travels via Bounty Island where the new passenger tells us Celebrity Love Island was filmed. Fascinating.
After a short but sickly trip we arrive at our destination, which is exactly as you would imagine a picture-perfect desert island to look with white sandy beaches and beautiful turquoise-blue ocean. We are staying at Mereani's Backpackers Inn and are fortunate enough to have our own room with a fan which manages to stay on for at least most of the time to make the room just bearably hot, but unfortunately they switch off the electricity midday and in the night! We arrive in time for lunch. Food at the backpacker's is generally ok, between average and very good, there is always plenty to eat and nobody goes hungry on our all-inclusive deal. After dinner we get some entertainment from the locals who do some traditional dancing to some catchy tunes. This is followed by some amazing fire-stick juggling and twirling, with acrobatics thrown in. Brilliant :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb