deserted paradise


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Kadavu Island
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Second Fijian entry,

A lot has happen since I last wrote in this blog. Last week we visited five different schools around the capital of Suva. It was good fun and although not nearly as hard work as the camp still very tiring. We got to see a great range of schools from very small rural areas to large primary schools with much better facilities. On Thursday we went to the airport to catch a plane to the southern most island of Kadavu. This island was amazing. Boat is used as the main transport as there are few roads. The water is clear turquoise in colour and the amount of deserted white sand beaches surronded by palm trees was incredable. (Jealous yet?!) We Arrived and went straight to the school which was to host our second camp. It was very basic but was right next to a beach although we had no time to relax. We were wisked away on a boat to a school where we did some activities and stayed that night in the headteachers house. We then travelled about another hour by boat the next day for another short school visit. It was so isolated. We stayed for lunch and then headed back to the orginal school to set up for camp, it was none stop. The girls started to arrive and the final head count was around 130 girls, the biggest guide camp that the island had ever had. It was very hard work, but once again very rewarding. We had changed the marjority of our activties from the last camp and they worked well. We had a great camp fire on Saturday night with lots of the local villagers watching.

Monday and Tuesday was spent at other schools and staying at a fabulous homestay. We we were made so welcome.

We flew back on a 8 seater plane with beautiful views although slightly scary!!

IT WILL BE SOON TIME TO GO HOME AND IT WILL BE SUCH A SHAME

kEZ

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb