The Leader of the Pack


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands
February 10th 2012
Published: February 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Leader of the Pack

Since our last blog we have been eaten alive at the waterfall by mosquitos and although it was a pretty sight we got the hell outa town as soon as those little critters got a taste for our blood. You have never seen a sight like it with James jumping and moaning and me laughing so hard at his response and the little Nissan Micra had never moved so fast.

We have been enjoying the sunshine on the many beautiful beaches which fringe the whole island but have found our local beach to be one of the best' which is handy as we can pop home for lunch. The downside to this piece of paradise seems to be that we have been adopted by a pack of local dogs and they have now found out where we are living and wont go away.

They are generally no trouble; its just a bit embarrassing when we go anywhere as they come too and its hard to trick them and lose them. Yesterday the bigger one of the pack decided that on our walk to the shop it would be a good idea to have a go at chasing some chickens and while the rest of the pack thought this was a good game, as did we, it seemed not such a good idea when were presented with a dead rooster. Fortunately the owner of the chickens (a neighbor) did not see that we had anything to do with it.

The lush island continues to be a delight, with its abundant colourful flora, its gentle, undemanding pace, and its regular bursts of warm sunshine. It is mostly quiet at the moment, as this is 'cyclone season', but if this is what adverse conditions are like, we'll take them, over what we understand persists back home!

Advertisement



14th February 2012

Fun
Hi there it sounds like you are having such a wonderful time,when I read it I just want to be there. It has to be minus the dogs and mosies though. At first it seemed all you did was eat cake where ever you went, I would have joined you for that.You have missed the snow lucky you. Its very quite here without you, just carry on having a great time miss you. Love Christine xx

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb