Rarotonga 2012


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
September 23rd 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

For this year's holiday we decided to stay relatively close and visit one of the Pacific Islands. Rarotonga seemed to be our best option even tho' we had reservations about the often dodgy weather and wondered if there would be enough to entertain us for nearly two weeks. We decided to stay in private accommodation booked via the internet rather than in a resort and even tho' we were booking more than six months out, we found that it wasn't possible to stay in one place for the entire 12 days. Rarotonga is apparently VERY popular for weddings and is booked out over a year in advance. We booked 6 nights at the Cooks Bay Villas followed by 5 nights at Makayla Palms just down the road. Both were great choices, but the Cooks Bay Villa was absolutely sublime. Wcollude not have asked for more (except for better weather).

During the 12 days we spent our time zipping around the island in our car, or later when the weather settled, on our scooters, lazing on the beach, snorkelling in the lagoon and checking out the little shops and restaurants around the island. It turned out that twelve days was a perfect length of time for a lovely relaxing holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb