Alice Springs to the Isa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 22nd 2014
Published: April 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

OK so we reached Alice Springs early, so we cleaned up, shopped and revisited the Macdonnell Range. Only had time to do the Simpson Gap before we tired . The thought of the long drive ahead was too much, as nice as Alice is (rained ahead of our visit again so was nice and green) so we rested instead. We have been up the Stuart H/way before so it was just revisiting favourite spots again like Aileron (giant statues), Barrow Ck, Devils Marbles, Wyecliffe Well (UFO capital of Aus), Tennant Ck (the first sighting of termite mounds on our trip) and the Pebbles (smaller version of the Devils Marbles) Pulled into 41 Mile Bore early for a nice BBQ. Well the dreaded flies heard we were in town and came to pay a visit. These had to be the worst of all our winged friends, so bad that we had to adjourn inside till the sun actually went down before we could go out and cook. Even had our head nets on but they still managed to get to us. We got up before the sun and left to beat the little beasties. The flies have been the only bad thing about our entire trip. Across the beautiful Barkely Tablelands with lots of wattle out along the road, then finally through the border and so much closer to our beautiful little grandchildren and their lovely parents. So here we are for a few weeks while Em has her op and recovers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



22nd April 2014

Very well done I've enjoyed all your comments.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb