Mission Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 19th 2010
Published: March 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Club Croc Resort and drove through to Mission Beach ahead of the cyclone. On the way there we spotted some emu in a field, so stopped to take photos (tourists). We were meant to stay at Magnetic Island, but that was closed due to the weather on its way. We didn't do much at Mission Beach other than laundry and Hog cooked some of us a fantastic bbq dinner. Kangaroo is lovely by the way - I'll be eating more of that from now on.

The next morning we set off for Cairns, but stopped at Johnsone River Croc Farm on the way. I held a baby croc, a baby aligator, an iguana and a cockatoo. We watched the staff feed some massive crocs, and we patted some pretty friend dingos, and took some photos of the cassowary (which is a large almost emu sized bird that can gut you with its feet). After that we drove to Josephine Falls, where we went swimming and sliding on the natural rock slide. It was so much fun - and nice to swim in some water that was actually cold for a change. After that we went to Millaa Millaa Falls which are so beautiful they're often used in tv commercials and movies. They're 12m high and very nice indeed. After that we drove past a huge Curtain Fig tree, and took some tourist photos of that too. From there - Cairns.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb