28th July 2012 (Exmouth - Beasley River Rest Area)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Tom Price
July 28th 2012
Published: July 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Days on the Road = 28


Saturday 28th July 2012

Well we're on the road again and heading towards Tom Price. We leave Exmouth by 10am not forgetting to go past the supermarket to pick up those marshmallows as we're stopping overnight on the side of the road in a designated rest area.

We travel quite a distance today stopping only for fuel and to have a bite to eat. We had originally planned to stay at House Creek Bridge but decided to keep going as we would of arrived abit too early in the afternoon so we press on for another two hours to the next overnight rest area "Beasley River Rest Area".

All in all we were on the road for a total of seven hours today and I'm absolutely shattered. After not seeing much terrain travelling from Coral Bay to Exmouth the scenery was certainly different with many hills and mountain ranges (Hamersley Ranges) coming into view. The camp ground is lovely and surrounded by trees and there are many alike travellers there. Safety in numbers.

We set up the van and the kids and Charles are off to look for firewood for our campfire. We have been told that as soon as we arrive at a rest area to go and pick up as much wood as possible and once you start a fire other people will join you.

The fire is lite and Charles has come back with this massive log over his shoulder (my hero) to keep us warm for the night. Then the neighbours arrive to join us for a drink and to keep warm. Once the sun goes down it’s like the central heating has gone out and it's quite cold, so the fire is very welcomed.

The girls enjoy putting the marshmallows on their sticks, cooking them and eating them. Soon my youngest is saying that her belly is hurting, too many me thinks! She then informs me that she doesn't actually like them on the fire and prefers the uncooked version, I think I tend to agree with her there. The kids are then showered and put to bed to rest their weary soles and Charles and I sit around our fire "Bush Television" at its best!

Once the fire dies down, we decide to hit the sack and end up hugging all night to keep warm, well I'm hugging Charles as he's a great water bottle. Only a short drive tomorrow to Tom Price.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



7th August 2012

WOW!
They look like YUM marshmellows!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb