House swap Perth - first few days.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 10th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Once again we have been very lucky, the house is great. Modern, 4 bed detached bungalow north Perth, not far from the coast. At first we were a bit shell shocked by how busy it was but we then found out it was BH week end!

We are now much more orientated. The great thing about the houses here is that the vast majority are single storey with lots of trees around them. So although you are in a built up area it doesnt feel hemmed in. In our "yard" we have a tree full of parrots, australian magpie and kookaburra. The noise in the mornings is all the alarm you need!

There are two public courses (about 15 pounds for 18 holes) within a short distance of the house but we decided that it would be better value if Mike joins a club, where he can play in some competitions and meet people. We looked at 3 private members clubs within 20 minutes of the house and he has applied to join the Western Australian Golf Club as a temporary member. If accepted it will cost about 300 pounds for 3 months. He can then sign me in for 10 pounds which is great value for 9 holes.

Yesterday we met another couple who had wanted to house swap but as we were already coming to Perth they offered to take us out for the day up into the hills above Perth. There was lots of evidence of previous fires and signs up everywhere warning of high fire risk. House swapping seems a bit like being in a club, people are friendly and kind. Keith has loaned us a golf trolley and is playing with Mike next week while and I go into the city with Lorraine.

We have got a few things planned, including a rugby match on Saturday night in the Super 15s competition; The Blues are playing who were on our flight from Jo'Berg, having beaten the South African team, the Lions. The local team is the Emirates Western Force. We are aiming to catch a combination of the bus and train into the city to find the stadium.

Public transport is fantastic here so we will have some days out - Mandurah, Albany and Kalbarri by train and Margarets River for a couple of days using Kerrie's car.

The weather has been very hot every day, about 32 today, but with a lovely breeze and cooling to about 20 during the night. It should cool next week as it is officially autumn.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb