Beaches!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
August 1st 2009
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another quick update today about the last couple of days. The weather over the last week has been gorgous so we've been to a couple of new beaches. I've even managed to crack out the shorts and t-shirt and start on my tan (although its more pink than brown at the moment)!

On Thursday we planned to take a ferry to Penguin Island but unfortunately we weren't allowed over as the penguins are in mating season. So instead we decided to walk to Rockingham which is a tourist location further up the coast. The walk to Rockingham was lovely; pristine beach and turquoise water with hardly anyone else around. However as we came round the bay to Rockingham itself I wasn't overly impressed. While the beach was still nice, and the water was clear (unlike the brown sea I'm used to back home) the view was of some kind of industrial plant just out to sea. Plus although there wasn't really much there, the area felt touristy - a bit like southend but without the bingo halls! On a more positive note, we did see pelicans in the wild (another first for me) and I got to paddle in the sea for the first time since being in Australia!

Today we have spent the whole day at scarborough beach which is beautiful. As with the other beaches we have visited so far, it was very, very clean and the colour of the water was stunning. I also got to see lots of people surfing (some even standing up!) which I hadn't seen up until this point. The trip there was slightly eventful - the driver of our bus took us on a detour, parked in a sidestreet and went into the hairdressers!? Only in Australia lol.

Nothing else to report, except only 5 more sleeps and then we will be heading up to Broome!

Lots of love,

Lou. xx

p.s The Hoff wasn't feeling very well today so didn't make an appearance at Scarborough. But don't panic, everything is fine and he will be seen in public again soon. xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



1st August 2009

hey
you look and sound like your having loads of fun!! Not long for me now :) Keep enjoying ur self :) Ian

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb