Cheerio to Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
July 2nd 2005
Published: July 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Andrew and the big pineappleAndrew and the big pineappleAndrew and the big pineapple

at the bottom of our street
Well, we have finally finished work and are about to hit the road again.

I enjoyed working at Rolls-Royce Marine and will miss all the great people I met there and Andrew will miss the 'footy' chat at his work in Fremantle Hospital (now he only has me to chat to for a while - poor bastard!)

We are really excited about getting into travelling again after replenishing our bank accounts a little.

I will miss driving Frank's car to and from work every day. Initially I was a bit nervous about driving such a big automatic car and in a different country but it was great after a couple of go's. I think it has renewed my confidence in driving a bit. The only bad thing was the other 'idiots' on the road. Australians are really bad drivers!!

Now we have rented a Nissan Pulsar automatic it's a nice shade of dirt orange now but was originally white. Andrew seems to enjoy driving it, I am let off the driving hook for now as I am far 'too young' and it would cost a lot more in insurance for me being under 25.

We were
Fiona driving to work on her last dayFiona driving to work on her last dayFiona driving to work on her last day

So much for "I'm only ever going to drive a wee car"
lucky enough to meet up with some of Andrew's relatives in Perth, Frank and Lara have helped us out so much and we've enjoyed their company on a number of occasions. We also managed to meet up with Ron and Sue who are a great couple that we wish we could have spent more time with.

All in all Perth was great but it's time to move on.

Bye bye Perth, we will look back on you with fond memories of the people we met and the times we had.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Andrew in Kings ParkAndrew in Kings Park
Andrew in Kings Park

The Old Swan Brewery behind
Fiona in Kings ParkFiona in Kings Park
Fiona in Kings Park

The Swan River behind


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb