Day 10 Adelaide to Perth - Last Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
April 6th 2012
Published: April 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was our last day on tour today so by now we were all well practiced at packing up the bus. After breakfast we boarded the bus and headed to an Aboriginal cultural centre where a local aboriginal took us for a guided walk through the bush. Josh, our guide, told us about the various bush plants and how each of them had a unique use - from food, medicine, weapons and use in making fire. Josh also explained how the aboriginals would hunt the various local wildlife based on the seasons, making sure that they didn't hunt any wildlife during mating or birthing seasons so as to ensure that there was always plentiful food in the future. We also got the chance to take a look in the Ngilgi Caves that the aboriginals used for ceremonial purposes. When entering the cave it looked as though it was only going to be a small area inside but once descended down the steps the cave went on and on with striking formations and crystals in the walls. Josh then talked us through the various weapons and tools that the aborigines would use. There was a whole range of boomerangs that were used to break the legs of a running emu, scare birds out of the bushes, knock a flying bird out of the sky or even used as musical instruments. Josh also got us all to take part in a song where we had to use tapping sticks, shakers and boomerangs to keep a beat whilst he played the didgeridoo. After the aboriginal experience Simmo took us to an ice-cream parlour named after himself where they had every flavour you could think of! It took us a while to select one but we got there eventually and enjoyed our mountain of ice-cream in the picnic gardens. The next and final stop of the your was for lunch at a park near the beach, then it was time to drive into Perth. Simmo dropped everyone at their various hostels and we all agreed to meet for drinks and dinner later in the evening. We checked in to our room and made immediate use of the hot showers and washing machines. We met the others from the tour group for pre dinner drinks in the bar downstairs in our hostel and then headed out to find some dinner. As it was Good Friday there weren't many places open for dinner but we managed to find a Chinese restaurant in town. After dinner we took a stroll around town trying to find a bar for a few drinks but the town was all shut up for bank holiday so we ended up back in our hostel garden enjoying the beers left in the tour bus before headed upstairs to enjoy a nights sleep in a proper bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb