Welcome Back to Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
July 30th 2006
Published: November 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Perth at NightPerth at NightPerth at Night

The Perth Central Business District
Again, our route from Bangkok to Perth in Australia was a lot more convoluted last time, involving planes, trains and boats, although we did see some of the places in between. This time, we had another direct flight. On the flight, it all came back how friendly the Australians are. We were chatting to people on the flight who were all interested in what we were up to, were giving us advice on where to go and even their phone numbers in case we needed help at any point.

Like last time I came to Australia (Back to Reality), the big deal getting in is the quarantine - there was a Steve Irwin video on the flight all about it, with an emphasis how harsh the penalties are. And we were all sprayed with something before we got off the plane.

Perth is one place (along with Tasmania) that I didn't get to visit when I was last here, so it was nice to start our visit to Australia with somewhere new. Given that I had been travelling by bus last time, it just seemed too far to go.

The contrast to Bangkok could not be more striking. First of all it was obviously a lot colder - it was winter in Australia after all. Second, it was a lot quieter and the roads were almost empty. After the hell of the roads in Bangkok it was quite a relief.

After just one evening with the Australian television, another thing that came back was just how irritating their television is (see Meeting The Neighbours). Not such much the quality of the programmes, which are pretty much in line with the drivel we get back home (it was the final of their Big Brother this evening), but the frequency and duration of the adverts. I started to watch Lord of the Rings, The Return of The King but, after a while, it became all but unwatchable.

We went out for something to eat and we found an excellent place nearby call Fast Eddies.

Advertisement



23rd November 2010

Dear Waterfia Your photo shoot Post is indeed an award winning task mighty enough to entice anybody to undertake intensive travel trips worldwide. With a view to render help and enable adventurous people accomplish their travel safely and comfortably Citymedia foundation (http://citymediafoundation.org) has launched www.city.vi , a network of 68,000 city specific video sites, where you can share videos about cities and regions across the world. like for Perth videos you can visit http://Perth.vi . You can also find out about other cities that you are interested . hope to see you there

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb