Conto’s Campground (Thursday 16th May – Friday 17th May)


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were keen to camp amongst the giant Karri trees at Pemberton, but alas, overcast skies and constant drizzle, change our course and we continue to head west. On our way through we stop at Augusta and in particular Western Australia’s tallest light house Cape Leeuwin, which sits at the most south western tip of Australia where the Indian and Southern Ocean’s meet.

After making our way as far west as possible we are certainly ready to start our trek north. We make our way to the outskirts of Margaret River and set up camp at Conto’s Campground in the drizzly rain. Rain, rain, go away!!

In the morning we head out to explore Jewel Cave, the largest show cave in Western Australia. As soon as we enter the cave we are immediately awed by this amazing underground world. When all lights are switched off, the cave is pitch black, absolutely silent and eerily cool. The tour takes us on a journey through the many caverns of this enormous cave as our guide shares the stories the underworld has hidden for the past million years. A fantastic experience for all of us and a big tick for today’s school lesson on caves!

We then head on to a mandatory stop at Margret River Chocolate Co. and enjoy some delicious taste testing before heading to our next stop Yallingup.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement








Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb