Journey back to Perth via the Margaret River (and a cheese factory!)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Margaret River
November 8th 2010
Published: March 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

First stop today was Cape Leewin where the proud, tallest mainland lighthouse keeps watch over the meeting point of the Southern and Indian Oceans.

After watching the dolphins splash around, we began the journey back to Perth with many stops along the way.

From Cape Leewin and on to the Margaret River region, packed to the brim with what have to be some of the world's most beautiful, bright beaches and of course, the Margaret River.

Whilst here, we were taken to one of the many group of caves in in the area, given hard hats and head lamps and sent into the caves.

I actually went in and it was huge in there! The formations were amazing and looked like melting rock frozen in time. We ventured into one area of the cave, turned our lights off and were in complete darkness. It was a weird feeling being in total darkness. My eyes kept trying to adjust to light that wasn't there and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever if your eyes were open or closed (obviously.)

Packing in everything that we possibly could, we rushed through to Prevely beach and Surfers Point but didn't stay too long. We stopped off at a honey farm and sampled the mead and ice-cream. Visited a chocolate factory , winery and then my wildest dreams came true... a cheese factory!

Last stop for the day was the Busselton Jetty – the second longest wooden jetty in the Southern hemisphere. Having been to the longest in Port Germein, I was wasn't too impressed and didn't understand how the jetty was a major attraction here (with gift shop and all) but not in lovely Port Germein.

We were running quite late back to Perth and I was gutted when we arrived and I'd missed my visit to Mike's house to meet Claire and his family. But at least it gives me an excuse to come back in the future...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1941s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb