Mandurah and Dolphins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Mandurah
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Dolphins! 37 secs
On Monday we took the train to Mandurah which is a marina about an hour away from Perth. The weather wasn't great when we got there so it was quite quiet, but I can imagine that in the summer the waterfront is heaving.

We decided to take a boat trip as this is the best way to see the many canals and million dollar homes that line them and we were told you can often spot dolphins. As we left the boats mooring we caught our first glimpse of some dolphins feeding in the water. After half an hour of cruising we came to the end of the canals and some open water. By this point the weather had also picked up and the sun was shining. Just as the boat was turning round to go back we spotted 3 more dolphins. This time, as our skipper sped the boat up the dolphins began to swim alongside, jumping out of the water. It was incredible to watch - I'm in the process of trying to upload the video...

Once we got back to the Marina we walked along to Dolphin Quay which is a fairley new part of the marina and has an indoor market, some shops and cafes. It was lovely to walk around, however was more or less deserted. I will definately revisit Mandurah in the summer as I think the vibe will be completly different.

Not much else to update on at the moment as the weather is blooming freezing and wet - who knew that winter was going to be this cold?! I thought that Perth was always sunny and warm!!!!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb