Into Western Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Kununurra
July 4th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After leaving Katherine, we head to the WA border with an off road overnight camp at Big Horse Creek NT. Till and I do a bit of croc spotting while looking for a fishing spot. Temperature hits 37 so its time to re-hydrate 😊 before Reuben gets to use his now 5 prong marsh-mellow holder at the camp fire. Border crossing into WA reveals we are chilli, garlic and onion smuggles and have our stash confiscated. We blame Reuben and Matilda, they are held in special lock up. (see pic)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Windscreen viewWindscreen view
Windscreen view

Road between Timber Creek and WA border
The Lock upThe Lock up
The Lock up

This boab tree was actually used as an overnight lockup whilst transporting offenders to court in Wyndham.


4th July 2013

How awesome is that tree?????????????? I want one in my backyard, hang some candles around it, pop a beer fridge inside, bit of a BBQ out the front! Perfect really...Where do I get one?
12th July 2013
Into WA

fiztroy crossing
found out that the fiztroy river was named after the captain of the beagle...charles darwin's ship that sailed to the galapagos islands ...bet you knew that already or maybe not.....really am enjoying the photos and comments; till and reub. look to be having a ball; hope you get some fish craigo and andi gets some interesting stuff at the markets.....love to everyone take care...mum.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb