Karratha


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Karratha
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks

We had a lovely stay at Pete and Laura’s and once again, they made us really welcome. Laura’s netball team lost their grand final but put up a good fight. Unfortunately they both had to work while we were there, but we managed to sneak in a lovely day with them last Sunday, cruising around the local waters in Pete’s boat. We even caught a small fish. A few days prior, we had spent four nights in Karijini National Park camping in our tent???? It was really comfortable but I’m not sure if I can convince Rose to do anymore stays in the tent? I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Karijini. The gorges and walks around the area are special.

After Karratha, we headed for Point Samson, a few km north, for a couple of nights and stayed in the Cove Caravan Park. It is brand new and had excellent facilities. The views from the park were also excellent.

Our last two nights have been spent at a free camp spot called Cleaverville Beach, about 30km north of Karratha, with our van parked on top of a large sand dune, overlooking the ocean. There was a 13km drive along a dirt road to get here but well worth the dust. There is no power or water so we are using our own resources with the gas and generator to keep us going. Luckily we had filled the van’s water tanks when we left Pete’s place.

We even have TV reception here, so I was able to watch the demolition of my AFL team, St Kilda, by Collingwood. I didn’t bother watching the last quarter!

Our next stop will be Exmouth with a few short stops along the way. It’s about 550km from here, so we won’t be doing it in one hit. The winds will play a big part in when we get there.

Once again I have added a few snaps of the places mentioned above.

See you later

J & R




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th October 2010

What was...
Hey John - I can't seem to find it anywhere and I was busy all day Saturday. What WAS the final score in the game? :) ANd who did eventually win?

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb