Walkaway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Geraldton
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The school roomThe school roomThe school room

While the students appear to be toddlers - thgere is one mature aged student who was not all that sure she wanted to follow the class rules!
Imagine a town named Walkaway!

Well the old railway station exists and is an interesting museum for railway buffs. The station is about 40ks south east of Geralton.

The town got its name after crops failed in 1860 and the farmers walked away from the land. Today it is in the middle of an amazing wheet belt but would still be vulnerable to drout.

The Walkaway Station was part of a privately owned railway offering passenger and freight services in the region through to Geralton. The private railway ceased operation in the 1960s but the line is still operating with freight services.

The station building housed two station master families and even had a school room for the education of their staff.

There are a wide range of bits and pieces from the railway era to brouse through including passenger lists etc. There is a very modest entry fee of $3.00 and the staff are quite well informed on the railway company's history. A sampl;e of bits and pieces are in the photos below. Looks like there was one mature aged student at the school.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Yes Miss CuttlebushYes Miss Cuttlebush
Yes Miss Cuttlebush

Love those class rules. Maybe we need to try some of these again - maybe not.
Model LocomotiveModel Locomotive
Model Locomotive

One of several models of locomotives operated by the Midland Railway Company.
Have you bought a ticket?Have you bought a ticket?
Have you bought a ticket?

Seems fare evasion is not a new phenomonem.
Singer sewing machineSinger sewing machine
Singer sewing machine

Specially for my friend Lisa in Bris who likes restoring these cabinets.
Typewriters from the pastTypewriters from the past
Typewriters from the past

YUK! Prefer my laptop.


28th June 2018
Singer sewing machine

Date of Manufacture of Singer Sewing Machine
How can I find out when my Singer Sewing Machine was made? It looks like it may between 1890 and 1940. Please help.
12th July 2018
Singer sewing machine

Discovering the age of a singer sewing machine
The link below will take you to a site where there is a further link to a chart which uses serial numbers to age the machine. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb