Perth & Freo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
September 21st 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Freemantle

Mum and I flew back to Perth. James and Dad were already there because they had caught an earlier flight and thought they were so cool. Mum watched a movie called the Black Balloon on the plane and cried because the family in the movie reminded her of our family. One of the kids was normal and the other one had autism.



When we got back to Perth we moved our caravan to Fremantle for 2 weeks. I met friends yet again who were in the caravan next to us called Karl and Sontier. It turns out they saw us on the Gibb River Road. They recognized our car and Mum’s red dress.

First we went to the zoo in Perth. It was amazing and we had a great day. We caught the ferry over the Swan River to the Zoo. The orangatangs and monkeys were amazing.



The next day Dad had to go to Little Creatures Brewery in Fremantle. It was really boring but dad was as excited as an elephant who had 2000000 peanuts.



We also went to a park called Kings Park in Perth that was huge and had lots of Kangaroo Paw flowers.



Mum has an Aunty Pam and Uncle Rodney in Perth. Mum went to the Theatre with Aunty Pam to watch a Tim Winton play. We had lunch together and then Dad, James and I went to the Western Australian Museum while Mum and Aunty Pam went to the theatre. I love Aunty Pam. James kept staring at her like he was in love. He might have thought she was Grandma.



We went to Sci Tech the next day. It has all sorts of cool stuff and even a machine that draws you. It takes 3 or 4 minutes to draw you. It also had dinosaurs and a really cool planetarium. There was a show called Wild Weather that talked about dust devils on Mars that are 8 kilometres high. On a moon called Titan it rains methane – that would stink like Fred’s poos – maybe not that bad.



Next day we went to the Swan valley with Aunty Pam and Rod again. We went on a train and ate lunch at a place called the Mash Brewery. Dad of course loved it but so did I because it had a kid’s area with a Play Station and great service. I had a great time again with Pam and Rod. I went back to Aunty Pam’s while Dad and Rodney went to Rodney’s local Bowls Club. Dad won $180 and was very happy. Dad likes uncle Rod very much. He had a great time at the bowls club. I was happy too because Aunty Pam spoiled me and James with chips and cupcakes. James gave Pam and Rod’s spotless house the James treatment. By the time we left he’d knocked over 2 chairs, a table and thrown stones into the pond.



Next we went to Rottnest island on a ferry. We rode bikes around the island and I saw heaps of Quokkas and peacocks. The Dutch explorers thought that quokkas were big rats. Rottnest means Rat Nest. We also saw two blue tongue lizards that looked just like Fred but they were black and had tails. There were heaps of nice beaches on Rottnest and a great park.



Today is Mum’s birthday. We went to Little Creatures Brewery for lunch with Aunty Pam and Rod. They gave mum some lovely wine. We had a great day with Pam and Rod. We will miss them when we go. We hope they come and see us next year. Mum got some birthday money and bought me a Dr. Who game with it – what a great Mum. I love watching Dr.Who now in the caravan with Mum and Dad at night after tea. I have to sign off now so I can play the Dr. Who game with Mum and Dad. We are off to a town called Mandura tomorrow. Till next time – see ya!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb