Missed The Bus...Mum To The Rescue


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
December 8th 2005
Published: December 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Woken at 1am by the sound of an express train and a jack hammer. Then realised Richie was snoring!! Slept in the family room on the floor.

Woke at 8am. Had a cup of tea with Mum. Watched morning television. Woke Richie at 9am. He was sound asleep and I think he would have slept until 12 with no problems. Decided to get the 9.52 bus into Fremantle. Set up Mum’s computer and left to go to the bus stop. Bus came before we got to the stop so came back home. Mum wanted to go to Social Security so she drove us to Spearwood and we got the 136 bus in to Freo. When we were getting off the bus Richie tripped and twisted his ankle. We were outside the hospital and he decided he didn’t want to try out the Australian NHS. Went to a chemist and got an ankle support. Picked up a few leaflets about Freo. Decided to go to the Maritime Museum and Fremantle Prison. Checked out digital cameras for Mum’s Christmas present. Lunch at Cully’s, a pie and sandwich shop that’s been around for 80 years. Still as good as when I left. Walked up to the Maritime Museum. We did the HMAS Ovens submarine tour. Very interesting however the guide was too quick and he started talking about the next stage before everyone had caught up. Don’t think I could survive on one of those subs…hmmm close contact with all those men. Tough call! Quick look around the rest of the museum. They have the America’s Cup winning yacht Australia II there, went in a submarine simulator and an interesting immigration display. Went to Rosie O’Grady’s pub in centre of Freo. Had a Guinness and realised didn’t have enough time to get to Freo Prison. Bugger. Did some shopping and got a camera for mum. Met mum and had dinner at Cicerello’s fish and chips on the Fishing Harbour. It started to rain, not drizzle, rain. Heavy drops so that sort of ruined the evening. Mum needed a Christmas tree so went to Big W in Spearwood. Got home and started to pack for Sydney. Managed to get everything into one case so we are taking Richie’s bag for the souvenirs. Bed at 10.30 and straight to sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb