A full English and Fish & Chips


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
February 11th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We headed out to a local cafe for breakfast and what a feast - a full English in glorious sunshine - hard to beat.

We then went over to Fremantle where we had a beer and watched a bit of the cricket - i.e. England losing a wicket or two. Darren and I then went to another pub for a few more beers (and wickets) and I became the proud owner of a Carlton Draught straw sun hat!

We all then headed towards the marina and had some 'Fish & Chips' - all in over 30 degrees - very different from home!

Isobel had woken with a bit of a cold and by the end of the day I was her favourite handkerchief!!!

A quiet evening in front of the TV seeing England to victory, before we all headed to bed.

PS - Celia thanks for the teacher's feedback on spelling!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Celia Darren and IsobelCelia Darren and Isobel
Celia Darren and Isobel

More interesting than the cricket!
FremantleFremantle
Fremantle

Outside the markets
Not a bad little chippy!Not a bad little chippy!
Not a bad little chippy!

Better than The Ketch


19th February 2007

Freo typo
Guys, a bit of 'teacher edit' required here: Fremantle not Freemantle/free mantle, or as we locals say Freo. You must have worked out by now that everything gets either shortened (Fremantle becomes Freo) or lengthened (Smith becomes Smithy). Our grasp of the English language is very Australian. Enjoying the updates, still waiting to see what you've been up to since leaving Perth though. Come on Paul, get to work on the blog!!! (Sorry Sarah)

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb