Blog, Bloody Blog, From Steve


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Blog, Bloody Blogs!!!!!! Think I might go back to work driving buses and have a rest, what number are we up to now? Must be in the hundreds…ah well it’s Monday and we’re not travelling so not much else to do so here goes….besides we have just had news that readership is up (must keep putting on pics of nude women?)

Well what did we do at Fitzroy Crossing before setting off for Broome? Ah yes, a visit to Geeky George or was it Geikie Gorge? Anyway the gorge is absolutely average. However it does have several advantages to others in it is only 18km from the caravan park, it is a sealed road, it has toilets with running water into a porcelain bowl and it’s longest walk is only 2km - it is hardly worth carrying the camera, ‘heaven’.

Talking of cameras, don’t think I’ve mentioned this but Deb has one of those small digi cameras - pop ups I think is the term used to describe them, anyway, she has had this camera for a good couple of years, but guess what, only a week ago whilst we were driving along, she discovered it had a whole host of features. you know, all those settings for different light scenarios, well you can guess what I have been subject to, macro, super macro, portraits, self portraits and on and on and on, the battery has to be charged daily and the computer memory space is just about full, but keeps her out of trouble!
Talking of trouble, don’t think I’ve mentioned this but Fitzroy Crossing has a famous pub called The Crossing Inn. So off we pop for a quiet Sunday arvo pot. Now this pub caters mainly for the locals and sure enough there were plenty inn. Whilst I’m enjoying my pot Deb befriends one of the local ladies and they start to discuss all the rules of the pub, you know like, no humbugging; no spitting in the beer garden and the likes. The local lady then gets slightly annoyed and says ‘we can’t even shout anymore’ to which Debby replies, ‘I should think so, why do you need to shout?’ well there was no real trouble because the security guards moved quicker than their size suggested…that was the shortest time I’ve ever spent in a pub.
Talking of time, don’t think I mentioned this, but it is time to go and move on to Broome as we have just secured an extra 3 days in the very exclusive Cable Beach Caravan Park, where, when given the price I replied that I only wanted one space, and wasn’t interested in buying the whole park! Therefore our next blog will be dedicated to fantastic sunsets, the warm turquoise Indian ocean, golden sands, pearls, lazing about in the resort by the pool, retail therapy and almost forgot, becoming reacquainted with those friends of ours, the sandflies.

Hope you didn’t forget to vote for the right political party

See you all soon



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 43; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb