Pilbarra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Exmouth
August 11th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Karijini national park. It was really dusty and the campsite was huge. (140 sites!).We set up camp and got our swimmers on to do a little walk down to the nearby falls as we had not had a shower for a few days. But it was getting dark and the water would be freezing, so mum just ran down.
The next day we walked in three different gorges. The first one started off easy and then it got harder. It was called Weano gorge. We had to follow markers on the rocks and wade through the water in a few places. The next one was called Hancock gorge. It was really good. You had to climb on ladders, swim through water and then do the spider walk  . But then we couldn’t go any further  as it was Class 6, which means you need to have a guide with you. The last one we did was called Joffre Falls. It was very steep down and very steep up. But it was really cool inside., down at the falls. When we got back to camp we were all exhausted.
The next day was pretty much a chill day, except for the walk down to Florence falls which we were going to do on the first day. The water was freezing even though it was the middle of the day and the sun was shining down on us. We decided to do the loop which also goes to the Circular pool. When we got back I was exhausted again.


We did a massive 8 hour drive from Karijini all the way to Ningaloo reef. We arrived at our Tulki campsite in Cape Range National Park at 7pm and had to set up in the dark. We were greeted by Rob the camp host who was very friendly. We went to bed but Ash and I were a bit hypo after being cooped up in the car all day. The next day we went to Lakeside reef to do some snorkeling. There were lots of fish and coral.
When we got back Ash and I did some sand boarding on the dunes. Later on we went fishing. We only caught a few little fish and we used them for bait. We went to bed after fishing. The next day I woke up and no one was around. Then I remembered that mum was going on a whale shark tour. When we got back Mum still wasn,t back so we went fishing again . We arrived back at our campsite at 7.30pm and mum was there. We had dinner and dad went back for MORE fishing while we went to bed. In the morning Dad and Ash went fishing AGAIN while mum and I went snorkeling on the drift. We saw a group of humpback whales slapping their tales and fins out from the outer reef. Dad and Ash rode the bikes to where we were after fishing and told us that they had caught a big spangled emperor. After snorkeling and chilling on the beach we drove to Yardie creek for a look and a walk into the gorge. Dad is cooking fish and chips for dinner as I write.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb