Parry's Beach WA Hanging around


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denmark
February 26th 2010
Published: February 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

24-2-10 Wednesday, today we headed to Albany to go to Centrelink, with that out of the way we then went grocery shopping, got fuel & then did some sight seeing. Albany is a big town & thank goodness for Tom Tom. We ended up at Mutton Bird Beach, what a glorious place. It was a bit of a climb down to the beach , but it was worth it. The sand is so white & the sea is such a myriad of colours. We headed for Denmark & filled up our water containers & went back to Parry’s Beach & unpacked the groceries. I then headed for thr showers as they are Solar & you have to be early to get a hot one. We cooked tea & watched TV. We are very pleased with the van , the batteries are holding well & the TV is great o 12 volt. It is really a van set up for off roading. The suspension is good on dirt roads & all is well. It was 27 deg today. 25-2-10 Thursday, we decided to have an easy day today, did some hand washing & went down to the beach, the girls had a swim & we sat on the beach & they trotted off chasing Sea Gulls & coming back to sit on us full of sand. On the way back to the van we hosed the sand off them & took them back to the van & mistakenly we put them on the long lead. Before we knew it Jessie had rolled in the dirt (not happy Jan) . We then had to take them back to the beach & wash them in the surf & take them foe a long walk to dry them off. SEE THE PHOTO. Anyone want to buy a dog????. After we got back home they got tied to a short lead to dry off, it took ages. We got tea & went to bed early, I was awake at 11.30 & did not get back to sleep till 4.30am. It was windy & a nice 24 deg today. 26-2-10 Friday ,I got woken up to the sound of my neighbour knocking, I got up to see what was wrong & she warned me that she had see a Tiger Snake a little way from the van & not to let the dogs outside. Den had taken them for a walk on the beach so they were not here. Needless to say when Den got back they got put in the van. After breakfast & washing up (we soak all the dishes in bore water in a big container & wash up once a day) we headed for The Valley Of The Giants Treetop Walk, near Walpole. What an amazing attraction. It was only $10 each & worth it, the suspended 600 mts of metal walkway over the Tingle & Kari tree’s, at one time 40mts above the ground & swaying in the wind. It was great, some of the tree’s were 50 - 60mt’s high & some up to 20 mt’s wide at the base, you would have to see it to believe it. We then went for a walk through the Ancient Empire, where we took photo’s inside some of the giant tree’s. After that we drove through the forest back to the highway & then went to Peaceful Bay, but it was so windy that it was not very peaceful. The wind was sandblasting us & the car. The girls had to sit in the car as it was all national Parks. They were very good & not once did they say “Are we there yet?” .We stopped at Bow Bridge on the way back to the van & had fish & chips for lunch, they were good. Back at the van I headed for a shower (it was tepid as it was overcast today & cold). I came back & read my book & Den had a chat to a few of the neighbours. We had happy hour with 3 other couples, 2 which had sold their houses & taken off. All were enjoying themselves . We swapped stories & had a nice time. Back to the van to get tea, catch up on my diary & watch the Olympics. It was only 24 deg today, windy & overcast & only 17 deg tonight, thank goodness we are not in Perth as it has been over 40 deg all week.






Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



26th February 2010

Our Dogs!
Love the guilty look on Jessie's face! Trouble! Looks amazing where you guys are, so beautiful, can't wait to check it out one day. And sounds like the new van is great. Keep having fun! Love mofos 1 and 2. xoxo.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb