Day 6 Adelaide to Perth - Cape Le Grande


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 5am to watch the sun rise over the beach, the sky changing colour every couple of minutes. There was also a family of kangaroos which came down to the beach for an early morning breakfast eating up whatever had been washed in on the beach. Simo had prepared pancakes for breakfast this morning as we were heading out on a 3 and a half hour walk later that morning. After breakfast Simo dropped us off at hellfire bay to start of the walk which would end up back at the campsite in lucky bay. Along the walk we climbed up rock faces, over boulders and along white sandy beaches which were deserted. We saw a whale jaw bone which was washed up on the shore along with a little penguin who must have been washed in from the sea. As we came back into camp we camp across a race horse goanna who was happy to pose for a couple of pictures before scuttling off into the bush.Once we arrived into camp it was time for lunch and Will was happy to find out that today's lunch was burgers! <br id="yui_3_2_0_22_133379198155261" />After lunch it was time for the next walk from rossiters bay which took us over mississippi hill and back along the beach in lucky bay. The sea was extremely choppy with the swell up to 5m and the waves crashing into the beach. We were very surprised to see people attempting to surf!With the walks over we enjoyed a relaxing evening with a couple of ciders and hot showers as the camp had emptied out a little. Later in the evening we broke down the language barriers with a game of chraides!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb