BROOME 6th to 18th JUNE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
July 8th 2010
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

BROOME 6th to 18th JUNE

6th to 18th June, We had a very relaxing time at Cable Beach Caravan Park, meeting up with people we had met along the way, those we met here and also meeting one of my bowling mates from Blue Hills who has been coming here for the past 11 years. The caravan sites were quite large and under trees, compared with many we have encountered so far. Ours was only 50 metres from the pool and amenities block. Very convenient.

Broome itself is quite spread out and it is necessary to catch a bus or take the car out to go anywhere. We went into town a few times shopping and sightseeing.
The weekend market was good as was the Pearl Lugger Museum in Chinatown. We went to the open air picture theatre where we saw Ernie Dingo’s movie called Bran Nu Day which was interrupted several times by jets taking off from Broome airport right over the theatre. But a lot of fun.

On Friday morning we went down to Gantheaume Point to see the Odessey leave Broome on the upward leg of the cruise, and in the afternoon we went on a tour out to the Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Well worth a visit.

We saw many sunsets at the park and on Cable Beach with the camels silhouetted in the setting sun, including a barbecue on the beach with some friends from Melbourne that we have met up with several times on the trip up the coast.

On Cable Beach you can hire just about anything you may need for a day at the beach. E.g. umbrellas, lounges, chairs, mats, boogie boards, and surfboards to name just some. I even hired a boogie board and enjoyed being young again for a while in the surf.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb