Mount Clay State Forest to Robe


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
March 22nd 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Mount Clay State Forest to Robe



Another very dark showery night, so we waited until the rain subsided a little to pack up the camper and head on our way.
We set off for Portland, winding through one of many wind farms in the region, and ended up at Cape Nelson Lighthouse -which we could barely see the red roof through the misty rain and sea spray.
Petrified Forest at Cape Bridgewater wast vastly different from the green and leafy state forest where we had rested last night.
Back in Portland before leaving the SA/VIC border, we dropped in to the fauna park to consume our last pieces of fruit and veg. A couple of cheeky emus devoured our last apple cores and a small bunch of grapes we were unable to fit in!
There were two amazing white kangaroo that seemed a bit shy with photography, so we decided to depart for a quick drive to Nelson for lunch by the side of the river.
Mount Gambier brought back memories from Sheree's highschool excursion days, and Lach was impressed by the Blue Lake near the town centre. Rain persisted, and parking was not all that easy in the city to get to other attractions, so having turned out watches back half an hour - we drove a bit further along the coast where we arrived just south of Robe for the night at Little Dip Conservation Park.

Km's travelled today 202.9
Total km's this trip 1070.4km


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb