Victoria roadtrip to Mornington, Philip Island & Wilsons Prom


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Wilsons Promontory
July 10th 2010
Published: February 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Over Phil and I's birthday weekend we hired a wagon and went on a road trip to Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island and Wilsons Prom NP. The first day we went to micro-brewery at Mornington Peninsula and sampled a few beers, then had fish'n'chips and went to see 'Grown Ups' at an old fashioned cinema in Sorrento where we free camped in our hire car. The second day we went to Phillip Island to see the wildlife – kaola's at a koala sanctuary, an echidna in the wild (like a porcupine with a big beak/snout thing) and then we went to see lots of small penguins swim in and clamber up the beach to their nests. On the final day we went to Wilsons Prom. Wilsons Prom is a peninsula sticking out into the sea in South Vic (its the most southern tip of Aussie mainland) and is made up of mountains, gullies and beaches. It is a National Park with one road, buildings and restricted visitor numbers. Wildlife rules. Wombats everywhere, all over the beach / campsite and a few possums and wallabies too. That night we went for a long walk on the beach and saw wombats in the sand dunes. On my birthday we woke up first thing and climbed up Mt Oberon and took some pics of the awesome views of the prom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

beachbeach
beach

Philip Island, Vic


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb