Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 41


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Ringwood
July 9th 2014
Published: July 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Lost a day somewhere - bloody date line.

Flight pretty good, if you consider sitting, lying, moving for 14.5 hours good. Had a feed when we got on the plane, watched a movie, then went to sleep. Much easier when you can stretch out, even better, at one stage I had my feet up on the bulkhead and was almost horizontal. Woke up and went for a walk, got some more water and snacks then back to watch another movie.

Off to sleep again, then woken up with a sandwich and banana snack. More walks then more sleep, so all in all I reckon I might have had about 4 to 5 hours sleep - not bad for me on a plane. Woken up for breakfast, then we land pretty much on time.

Off and into duty free for last minute stuff. while we are there, another flight arrives. Queues at customs aren't too bad, we get to a kiosk and get through pretty quickly. Get bags and then try to find the end of the queue for immigration. Bloody hell. Anyway, I get through no probs, but Chris gets into another queue. Finally meet up on the outside and go to the virgin transfer area. We are meant to be boarding an 0830 flight at 0800. We are in the transfer queue at 0730 - hmmmm.

Finally get to the desk and told we won't make the 0830, they will get us on the next flight - earliest is 100 out of Sydney. Never mind, bags get through without a hassle and onto a bus to the domestic terminal - through the morning traffic. As we walk down the concourse, the 0830 flight is at final Boarding, could have maybe made it but too late now.

Talk to Stephanie and tell her of the changed flights - she is picking us up from Tulla. Get to see the final scores in the World Cup - Germany killed Brazil. Oh well, now we wait for our flight.

Finally on the plane and into Melbourne. Wet greeting when we land. Down to the baggage carousel where Stephanie is waiting for us with a trolley for the bags. Great to see her there. Bags come off (nice that they haven't been lost in transit with all of our flights, buses, trains, etc.). Into the car and head home.

Holiday officially over now. Just have to unpack our bags.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb