Australian Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Portland
May 5th 2014
Published: May 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hi blog followers.

As normal, we have now moved on and spent a couple of days at Warrnambool before now spending a couple of more days at Portland.

I must admit we didn't get to see a lot at Warrnambool as the weather was atrocious. I.e. It was blowing a gale and bucketing down rain. It definitely got the van rocking and after two days we decided enough was enough and headed for Portland. By the time we arrived and set up camp, the weather was in total contrast with blue skies, the sun shining and "no wind". We are becoming experts at working out what direction the van needs to be set up to get the early sun and avoid the winds etc.

We stopped in at Port Fairy on the way and have marked it down as a spot to return to in our future travels as it is a lovely old historic town with a large number of buildings built in the 1800's.

Portland is a delightful small town and is quite picturesque with all it's lovely old blue stone buildings etc. As you can see, we went for a tour of the town via the old tram which was an excellent opportunity to get a quick run down of what Portland is about. We also headed for Cape Bridgewater where there is a seal colony around the headland by approx. a 7/8km round trip walk along the cliffs.

Further around the headland we visited the Wind Farm, Blowhole and the Petrified Forest. See photos.

Today, we visited Cape Nelson and the lovely lighthouse. A great photo opportunity.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb