Old McDonald


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Philip Island
August 20th 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Time to leave Melbourne and head for Philip Island, our next view of Melbourne would be from the airport on Sunday.
The drive to Philip Island was to take about two hours and with Wilson coming along we planned a halfway stop for lunch and a leg stretch. Timboon was our lunch stop and we found a nice picnic area with toilets and a play area to entertain Wilson. We were staying in another rented house and we arrived to find another fantastic holiday property again with sea views, well done Sharon. We settled in and did some unpacking.

Another lie in and a late breafast was had before heading out for a walk around Rhyll, the village we were staying in. One convienence store and two coffee shops along with a few boat yards was about all Rhyll had to offer, but with a great location its all you could ask for to have a nice getaway holiday home.
Lunch was eaten at the house and around two pm we headed out to Churchill Island, a working farm attraction with various demonstrations such as sheep shearing and milking cows. A pleasant afternoon was had and although a lttle rain here and there the day stayed mainly dry. Sharon was on stove duty for our evening meal and pesto, bacon, mushroom pasta was on the menu.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb