The Alpine Way & Snowy Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mount Buffalo
February 28th 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have had a great time travelling along the Great Alpine Way in Victoria and The Snowy Mountains.

We travelled along a river for a whole day. Dad kept saying "This is sooooo beautiful I'm sorry" so we banned him from saying it. They other thing we have had to ban him from saying is "Do you understand?" after every little thing he tells us.

We saw all the ski places like Falls Creek, Mt Hotham and Mt Buffalo. We loved Mt buffalo the most. It looked like something you would see on the moon. On the way up we saw Mt feather Top. All the trees have no leaves. They are grey. They look like fluff. Dad said they look like something rude. He went really early and ran around Mt Buffalo. We think he is crazy. We want to come here when it is snowing for a ski holiday.WE went horse riding at Dinner Plain. It was built by the same people who built salt. You can tell cause the villas looks like the houses at salt. The lady told us about how Mr Ray was coming up for the opening weekend when his plane crashed in the side of the mountain. That was sad.

We saw heaps of really great towns about Ned Kelly. We went to Glenrowan and saw a really amazing show about Ned Kelly. We had lunch at the pub. Not the olden day one cause it burnt down when they caught Ned. Beechworth was sooo cute. That's the town Ned was born. It still has all these old buildings. It has a famous bakery. We ate lots of yummy treats there. It is famous for its honey too. Mum had bookclub. She skyped her friends. She misses them a bit. While she did that, dad took James and I to a brewery. We can't believe how many there are. We saw lots of Gold rush mining history, diggings and things. I found some rocks that could be gold. I am going to send some to my Uncle Ross. He is a geologist. He will be able to tell me if it is real or not. I bet it is real though.

The best part of this is we had a great surprise. Our friends Linda and Paige were in a town called Wangarrata. We got to see them. We met
Falls creekFalls creekFalls creek

Mum and Dad want to stay here
at a park. James and I loved playing with Paige. James remembered her. He really likes her.

The Snowy Mountains. We stayed in some free camps. They were so pretty. There was no body at Yarongabilly with us. We were on our own. We played cards all day cause it was raining. We had a party. We had the music up really loud and I danced on the picnic table. Dad had a swim in the freezing cold stream.

We stayed in Jindabyne on the lake. It was so beautiful. Mum told us some funny stories about the times she was here. Mostly funny school stories. We met some really nice people. They offered to baby sit us so mum and dad could go out for tea on their own. They didn't though. It rained heaps!!! We still went for heaps of drives. We had to leave early because Cooma was flooding. We had a really LONG drive. We went to stay at Seaspray but it was a really spooky place. It looked like a ghost town so we took off. We are in Yallum. It is really cute at this caravan park. It is like a B&B. It hasn't stopped raining. I have been doing a school project on the Black Swan. I have really loved it. I got to decide what I wanted to put in it and how to present it. I haven't even been playing Moshi Monsters cause I tried to make my project sort of like Moshi Monsters.

Bye

Billy Flynn


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



1st March 2012

WOW !!!!
Hi Billy and the other Flynnies, Are you sure you are not an author yet Billy cause your blog is pretty awesome for someone your age (do you understand). It is great to see where you have been, and seeing some pretty amazing scenes of our fantastic country (do you understand)!!! I knew you guys would have an amazing time and make the most of everything, like freezing cold swims, jogs around BIG mountains and even horse riding!! WOW, WOW, WOW (do you understand BILLY). We are all good here, living our lives around Jacob Freemans schedule. He is loving high school and all the sport well, swimming and cricket anyway, not the work load too much though. Anyway, keep up the blogging. Over and out. The Freemans
7th March 2012

The Alpine Way & Snowy Mountains
Hi Flynnies, it sounds like your having a ball, when you come back can Billy work on my web site, I think he would be better than my IT guy, has James been collecting sticks from all the different areas? Well Steve, no surprise the Broncos are off to a flyer, lucky Soward fluked the field goal. Happy travels.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb